- the issues raised by media ownership in contemporary media practice;
- the importance of cross media convergence and synergy in production, distribution and marketing;
- the technologies that have been introduced in recent years at the levels of production, distribution, marketing and exchange;
- the significance of proliferation in hardware and content for institutions and audiences;
- the importance of technological convergence for institutions and audiences;
- the issues raised in the targeting of national and local audiences (specifically, British) by international or global institutions;
- the ways in which the candidates’ own experiences of media consumption illustrate wider patterns and trends of audience behaviour.
All modern day media has a legal owner wether it be film, news or music etc. Disney are a main powerhouse in legal ownership owning massive franchises such as ABC television, ESPN, Marvel Entertainment and also Lucasfilm
The issues raised by media ownership in contemporary media practice
As lucasfilm was recently bought by Disney they also acclaimed the rights to the Star Wars™ this means they have full buying and marketing power over the rights of the Star Wars name however they are not able to create and fund large blockbusters by themselves meaning they often collaborate with subsidiary's of their company such as Lucasfilm and Bad Robot in the case of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. However because Disney have all the financial backing it means they have control over the whole production process. A large company backing a project sometimes is a bad influence as the product made will be created for the purpose of making a profit over the integrity of art. Because of the backing by Lucasfilm it remains with the original integrity of the first trilogy. It also meant that it was made with the experienced views from the employees on the first film, practical effects were used in an attempt to recreate the vision of the original films also.
With the large company backings the film made is certain to make
The importance of cross media convergence and synergy in production, distribution and marketing
Companies must work together to produce a film as it takes multiple distributers to create a film. The company Disney distributed